The project will be managed by ICLEI SA, survey work would be undertaken by a research-based agency- IPSOS.
The project aims at the following:
- Conduct a national-level sample survey to collect and collate current data on 0-5-year-olds in the public realms and how they use public spaces with caregivers.
- Understand the public space utilization pattern of young children and their caregivers in Indian cities
- Identify, assess and evaluate existing barriers and opportunities of the utilization of various public spaces by young children and their caregivers across the country.
- Understand and learn from best practices to promote better public space utilization by young children and their caregivers in India and abroad
- Provide recommendations to improve urban space utilization by a young child and their caregivers
- Provide possible and localized project solutions to improve urban space utilization by young children and their caregivers.
Cities involved: The identified cities for conducting the study are Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Indore, Bangalore, Lucknow, Vijayawada, Raipur, Surat, Chandigarh, Guwahati, Jaipur, Shimla, Bhubaneshwar, Jhansi, Shillong, and Dimapur.
Duration: 6 months (15 Jan 2022-14 July 2022)